Here is an edited itinerary of this year's Christmas Trip, which visits Steiff, Hermann Spielwaren, Teddy Hermann and the Christmas markets!
Dates: 28th November – 2nd December 2016
Monday 28th November
- Heathrow Terminal 5 to Munich with British Airways.
- Afternoon is free time in Nuremberg, including a visit to the Steiff Gallery shop and the Christmas market.
- Dinner in the wonderful Gasthof Schiller, where we always enjoy staying.
Tuesday 29th November
Morning at Hermann Spielwaren in Coburg creating our own individual bears!
- Afternoon is free time in Coburg historic centre, which can include the Christmas market or a visit to Ehrenburg Palace.
- Dinner at Gasthof Schiller.
Wednesday 30th November
Morning at Teddy Hermann to include:
- Tour of production
- Visit to the factory shop, which includes special offers, discontinued items and sample pieces. Always a very popular part of the trip!
- Refreshments to keep our energy levels up. As always there will be plenty of mulled wine, coffee and lebkuchen!
- Afternoon spent in Rothenburg. We always love visiting this beautiful town. There is also the bonus of the famous Christmas shop Käthe Wohlfahrt and the teddy bear shop Teddys Rothburg.
- Arrive at the Lobinger Hotel in Giengen followed by dinner.
Thursday 1st December
Day at Steiff! This includes:
- Tour of The World of Steiff followed by plenty of time to look in The World of Steiff shop
- Visit to the seconds shop
- Visit to Margarete Steiff’s birthplace
- Lunch in the Steiff Bistro Knopf at the factory
- Visit into the factory – details to be confirmed
- Dinner at the Sud Italia Restaurant
Friday 2nd December
Day spent in Munich, using the famous Oberpollinger department store as our base.
- Free time to visit the huge Christmas market and explore the city centre.
- Munich to Heathrow Terminal 5 with British Airways.